Kidnapped! Russell stared at three machine guns pointed at him. After attempting to escape, he lowered his head and waited to die.
The guerillas had captured this young missionary in the jungles of Colombia. Russell’s response and faith will inspire young readers in their own walk with the Lord, while real life adventure and humorous missteps will keep them glued to the pages.
- Young Russell’s prayer asking God to call his parents to be missionaries.
- God’s answer when Russell was eight and his donation to his mother’s schooling.
- A near disaster involving a pig in an airplane and donkeys on the runway.
- His capture and confinement to a guerilla camp in the jungle.
- Russell’s decision to rescue his captors by being a good example and loving them.
- His release from, and return to, his enemies to continue the ministry he had begun.