Mexico has 63 indigenous languages, not including Spanish. The least reached tribal groups live in very remote areas of Sierra Madres Mountains. Mexico continues to grow in illicit drug production and violence as drug cartels protect their turf. Many tribal people are caught in a cycle of poverty and oppression as they are recruited for the farming of narcotics. Much of these tribal people lack access to God’s Word.
In 2019, faithful Mexican leaders bringing the gospel witness to the unreached tribal areas of the Sierra Madres Mountains established SOM-Mexico. This is a dangerous area to navigate with banditry and drug cartels. They are using aviation to access remote and hostile areas with the gospel. When nurturing new house churches in the mountains, they bring practical supplies and Bibles.
Meet Humberto, Director of SOM – Mexico
- Humberto is a pilot and for years, has courageously navigated sport light planes into the rugged terrain of the Sierra Madres Mountains to serve tribal people.
- Humberto started a network of home churches in Mexico.
- For years, Humberto has selflessly served on many ministry boards and engages directly in the fieldwork.
- Humberto has learned the science of radio work as a means to broadcast the gospel.
- Humberto and the team travel by vehicle, mule, and aircraft to unreached areas of Mexico sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.